This post will benefit for Canadian only (sorry for my other readers in the other part of the world). I would like to share how to be a smart shopper at grocery store specifically nowaday when we’re surounding by techonoly of smart phone!
I still love paper/printed coupon even not so crazy about it but what I want to share today is about electronic coupon and all the tips that I found a long the way when I was enjoying saving and happy shopping. How we will saving a lot when we do grocery with the help of out beloved smart phone in hand. So without futher ado, let’s start it!
You should install this amazing flyer collector app.
They post almost all flyer of grocery and retail stores across the country every single week/day depend on the expired of the flyer for each store. They even post some flyer one day before for us to preview. Awesome.
This just example of the flyer when we click to look at it. It exactly the same with the paper flyer that Walmart printed it.
The coolest of this app is we could clpping the product that we interested in. And then compare it to another store’s flyer to just compare the price.
This clipping section make us easy to look back or it will become our kinda shopping list.
We need to have this app in first hand, so we could always uptodate about what’s going on in stores this week.
This is one of the app that give us a cash back/electornic coupon when we did buy one or more products that they posted on that week. The amount of cash back is vary from $0.25 up to $5 depend on the product.
How it works is so simple:
1) Check what the promotion of this week, it something that we need or could stock up? I am not suggesting us to buy the promotion product just for the cash back sake. Buy the one that you need, with coupon/cash back or without you still need to buy this product, in this way, we truly saving some money of our grocery budget of that week.
2) After you find the product that you need, go to any grocery store to buy it and don’t forget to KEEP you receipt.
3) Open the App, capture your entire receipt and claim the cash back! After that they will review your claim for some time and after that if everything is okay and legit, you’ll see the amount you claim already credit it to your account. Collect it until it reach $20 or more so you can start to cash it out. It took around 10 days for you to receive the cheque that send to your door!
Example of this week [From Thu July 10 – Wed July 16]
I cash out $27.50 before, so my balance now is $16.75 I need to wait until I reach another $20s to cash out another cheque!
It works basically same with Checkout51. But this one you must be very careful, because they don’t really have expire time for each promotion. They said we can claim any promotion within 2 days of our receipt/shopping. They also up and down the promotion product in random time. Because this reason, I am never planning anything with this app. I just do grocery and after that I check if some of my shopping is match with one their promotion. Or I just check their promotion when I already in store just to make sure if the promotion is still available. However, they have one plus thing compare to Checkout51. Snapsaves does have some promotion that doesn’t have limitation, you can claim it again and again as long it still on the app and you follow their rule. You don’t have to wait another week just to check if the promotion that you like is up again or not.
Example of the app that show I’d claimed some promotion.
I Hit $26 cash back yesterday and cash it out too. Let’s see how long it will take for the cheque to arrive!
This is the last cash back app I’d like to share with you. As long as I know, Checkout51 not available for Quebec residents, too bad, huh? but Zweet is available and maybe SnapSaves too. This one has the less promotion each week compare to its compatitors. However, it does have more unbranded product to claim, make us more freedom to shop!
See, unbranded product, so you could buy any or your favourite kechup brand and claim it!
This is the lowest and slowest cash back I work or pursue, haha!
- I guess CheckOut51 is the pioneer of this App and others are followers.
- I like Checkout51 more because it has spesific time to claim and almost never run out the cash back in the middle of the week, compare to SnapSaves that so often soldout in the time you want to claim your cash back
- All cashback app work on the same way
- At store we normally cannot combine any coupon, but for this one they don’t care if at store you already use another printed coupon for the product that we want to claim
- Be a smart shopper. With this one we can end up double saving or even tripple saving. How? Wait until the perfect time when you have a printed coupon in hand, the product on sale at store, and last but not least there is cash back for same product in one of these app. Example : Yesterday I bought Olivia’s formula milk (Similac 964gr package), There was on sale at Walmart from $38 something to $34.94, also I had $10 cheque from Similac that I got from my friend and guess what? at Checkout51 there is $5 cash back for Similac. So I saved neary $20 for that milk, Felt so good! Mission Completed!
- Don’t be panick, enjoy it not over do it. If you passed the promotion because you forget to claim it or because you just bought the product 2 days ago and why the promotion just come up today, don’t be sad and just move on and continue happy shopping and happy saving.
- Remember, Use it when you need the product first, not vice versa. In this way, we truly saving and not become consumptive shopper, buying something that actually we don’t need it and end up spend more, this is a big no no in the game of couponing/cashback, haha
- Did you know that some store have “Match Price” program? I knew Walmart does this. So whenever you see the product that sell in better price than Walmart but you couldn’t shop at that store for some reasons (too far), you could show the flyer on your phone using Flipp apps to asking for price match
- Most of the retail stores have “Wrong Price Tag” policy. Example: If you see the price tag of a product is let’s say $1 but when you pay, it says $1.25. You can complain at their customer service and prove it to them that they have wrong price tag. They will cover their mistake up to $10. In this example, you get your $1.25 back and you still get the product for free. If the product is $11.50, you just need to pay them $1.50. Most customers don’t know about this and they also pretend they don’t know about this policy, end up they just correct the price and you pay the lowest price, so be smart and speak up!
- Anyone who know how this work as a company like Checkout51 should create the same company in their country, I guarantee it will work. For people who used or work in agency company, as a marcomm or public relation would know easly how this work. It as simple as asked any company to throw their marketing fund to you and you alocated some into cach back. The hardest part is how to convince the company to trust you? and how to promote your app and make people want to use it is another challenge!
So guys…. start saving now. You’re welcome 🙂